- 41 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home - a 1.9 percent increase from last year
- Nearly 85 percent will travel by automobile, an increase of 2.2 percent from last year and the highest level since 2007
- 3.1 million Americans will travel by bus, train or cruise ship (this number remains steady compared to last year
- Holiday air travel is expected to increase one percent
- Airfares are five percent lower than last year
- Car rental costs remain consistent with last year
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.