Summer is the perfect time to get outside for dinner and that includes grilling. In order to make any grilling menu work, every cook needs the right tools and ingredients too.
TS Steakhouse Chef Ray Wells says there are a few key tips to keep in mind when trying to perfect your grilling game this season.
- Let your steak sit at room temperature for at least 15-20 minutes before grilling
- Preheat the grill for 10 minutes prior to cooking
- Brush your steaks lightly with unsalted butter on both sides and season with salt and pepper while you wait for the grill to heat.
- Once the grill is set place the steak directly on the grill and let it sit on one side for four minutes and then the other side for four minutes. Also note, that timing can be different depending on your grill and how you like your meat prepared.
- Letting your steak sit for five minutes off the grill is key to helping its natural juices absorb back into the meat.
TS Steakhouse is open Wednesday through Sunday at The Turning Stone Resort and Casino. For more information and to make a reservation visit turningstone.com and click on the Dining tab.