The next time you step out of the shower, make sure you keep your hair in mind. Beauty blogger and makeup artist Rosa Pinti shared her tips with Bridge Street on how you should take care of your wet hair with some blow drying basics.
Rosa says that unfortunately, blow outs can be very damaging to your hair. Even though it is the first step of getting your hair looking good, Rosa says that it is important to take care of your hair. She provided some great step by step tips to help keep your hair healthy while drying it:
1. Towel dry your hair first .
- Don't rub your hair, but rather squeeze it gently into a towel to soak up the excess water.
Rosa shared the product that she recommends for this step of drying: The Turbie Towel, available for $12 at Bed Bath & Beyond.
2. Do a 'loose' blow dry on low/medium heat.
-Don't use any styling products yet! Keep the blow dryer on low heat to get rid of any remaining moisture and then continue to the next step.
3. Apply styling products to damp hair.
- By waiting till this point to apply the products, you have more control over their application
Rosa recommends using Argon Oil to style hair while blow drying. You can pick it up at a Sally Beauty Supply store for $24. She also says Bumble & Bumble color minded UV protectant styling cream ($28), is a great product to have when blow drying.
4. Grab a brush and set the heat to medium (high heat should only be used for extremely thick or course hair).
- Point the nozzle downward and follow the brush strokes on 1-2 inch sections of hair. Rosa shares that it is important to use the director nozzle provided with your blow dryer for the smoothest hair possible.
5. Finish with the cold blast button.
- Most people never realize what the button is for, but Rosa says that the cool air helps to seal the cuticle and adds shine to hair.
If you're looking to purchase a higher quality blow dryer, Rosa recommends T3's Featherweight Luxe 2i dryer for $250.
For more beauty tips from Rosa Pinti, check out her beauty blog at rosambeauty.com or her twitter @rosambeauty !
Copyright 2013 9wsyr.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.