The book drive tipped off yesterday at the SU-Clemson basketball game. It collected over 20 cases of books at the game. They also collected more than $500 in cash donations.
They are collecting new and gently used children's books.
This is the 16th year that Syracuse University has helped kick off this great community effort.
All of the donated books will be passed along to kids in pre-school, Head Start, nursery schools, and daycare programs.
The book drive runs thru Feb. 21st at more than 40 locations all around Central New York. The locations include:
- NewsChannel 9 Broadcast Center (5904 Bridge St., East Syracuse)
- Bank of NY Mellon, 111 Sanders Creek Parkway, East Syracuse
- Bond, Schoeneck & King, One Lincoln Center, Syracuse
- Bryant & Stratton College, 8687 Carling Rd, Liverpool
- DCMA Syracuse, 615 Erie Blvd West, Suite 300, Syracuse
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield, 333 Butternut Dr., Syracuse
- Fust Charles Chambers LLP, 5784 Widewaters Parkway, Syracuse
- Inficon Inc., 2 Technology Place, East Syracuse
- Laboratory Alliance of CNY, 1304 Buckley Rd, Syracuse
- M&T Bank, 101 South Salina St, 9th Floor, Syracuse
- Marquardt Switches, Inc., 2711 Route 20B, Cazenovia
- Moon Library at SUNY ESF, 1 Forestry Dr., Syracuse
- Onondaga County Health Dept, 421 Montgomery St., Syracuse
- Pine Grove Middle School, 6318 Fremont Rd, East Syracuse
- POMCO, 2425 James St., Syracuse
- Port & Company CPAs, 5730 Commons Park Dr., East Syracuse
- QPK Design, LLP & John P. Stopen Engineering, LLP, 450 S. Salina St., Syracuse
- Syracuse City School District Offices, 725 Harrison St., Syracuse
- Testone, Marshall & Discenza, LLP, 432 North Franklin St., Syracuse
- United Way of CNY, 518 James St., Syracuse
- US District Court, Honorable Glenn Suddeby's Chambers, Federal Building , 100 S. Clinton St., Syracuse
- Or one of 25 locations on the Onondaga Community College campus
Last year this effort collected more than 10,000 books.