On these gorgeous summer days, we want you to spend your time in the sunshine and out of the kitchen! Lauren Greutman of IAmThatLady.com came back to Bridge Street today, this time to help us plan and create some easy and delicious crock pot meals.
This summer, Lauren wants to help people make delicious meals on a budget, and the crock pot is a great way to do that- she’s made such delectable dishes as Salsa Chicken, and Lasagna, and Barbecue Chicken- all in the crock pot! Here's how you can make the Salsa Chicken for yourself:
- 1 - 1.5 lb.Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Jar or 12 oz. of Salsa
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup of Black Beans
- ½ cup of canned Corn (optional)
- salt as needed
- Put chicken in Crockpot, put entire jar of Salsa on top.
- Add water, corn and black beans.
- Cook on low for 5 hours (or high for 3)
- Shred chicken, add salt if needed.
- Serve over White Rice, top with Sour Cream, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, and Sliced Avocado
To further help out those trying to make the most of their meal budget this summer, Lauren has published a list of meal plans and other slow cooker ideas available at her website.