If you're traveling for this long holiday weekend - you won't be alone. Travel volume for Independence Day has grown 4 out of the past 5 years and this year is expected to be more than 6 percent higher than the historical 10-year average. Diana Dibble from Triple-A stopped by Bridge Street today to share the facts and figures for this 4th of July weekend.
- 41 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home - a 1.9 percent increase from last year
- Nearly 85 percent will travel by automobile, an increase of 2.2 percent from last year and the highest level since 2007
- 3.1 million Americans will travel by bus, train or cruise ship (this number remains steady compared to last year
- Holiday air travel is expected to increase one percent
- Airfares are five percent lower than last year
- Car rental costs remain consistent with last year
Copyright 2014 localsyr.com Nexstar Broadcasting, All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.