Sistina and TeNesha and their little helpers show offer up two simple recipes that would be hits at your Oscar Viewing Party. One is a bit more savory, mini tacos with a twist, and the other is a sweet, DIY cupcakes. Both are ideal for your kid to help with and be fun for the entire family.
Mini Tacos with a Twist
1 lb. Hamburger
1 (1 1/4 OUNCE) Package of Taco Seasoning
1 Cup Salsa OR 1 Cup Picante Sauce
3 Tablespoons Salsa
1 Cup Shredded Cheese (Cheddar or Mexican Blend)
Sour Cream (Optional)
1. Cook hamburger until browned.
2. Drain the fat and stir in Taco Mix and ½ cup salsa/picante sauce.
3. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
4. Press wonton wrappers into mini muffin cups.
5. Spoon beef mixture in cups and top with the 3 tbsp of salsa and cheese, evenly divided.
6. Bake in preheated 425°F oven for 8 minutes, or until the wontons are nicely browned.
7. Serve with extra Salsa, Sour Cream, Olives and Guacamole if desired. ENJOY!
Your favorite cake mix (we used white)
Ready made frosting
Your favorite candy (sprinkles, chocolate chips, etc.)
1. Bake a batch of cupcakes, let cool
2. Apply frosting
3. Check all your cupboard and drawers for your favorite sprinkles and candy bars.
4. Serve it up!