- 3-4 small turnips, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 c thinly sliced red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 c white vinegar
- 1 c hot water
- 1 T stevia (added after it cools some)
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Layer turnips, onion and garlic in a 4-cup container with a lid.
Whisk vinegar, hot water, peppercorns, salt & crushed red pepper in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture over the vegetables. Put the lid on and gently shake a few times to distribute the flavorings. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to develop. Sprinkle on the stevia, then shake again and serve. Keeps in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.