- 1lb gnocchi
- 1lb fresh broccoli rabe
- 4oz pancetta
- 4 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 medium onion (chopped)
- 4-6 oz white wine
- Salt, pepper and grated pecorino cheese (to taste)
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Set a pot with water and a little salt and bring to a boil in the meantime, remove the stems of the broccoli rabe and wash them.
- In a pan heat the extra virgin olive oil and then lightly brown the pancetta, add the garlic and onion and let cook until golden, at this point using the water that is boiling blanch the broccoli rabe for a minute and drain (reserving the water that you will use later to cook the gnocchi).
- Add the broccoli rabe to the pan with the pancetta and sauté over high heat for 2 or 3 minutes, drizzle with white wine, add salt and pepper and cook for couple more minutes being careful not to make the broccoli rabe too soft.
- Cook the gnocchi (in the water that previously used to cook the broccoli) and pour them into the pan with the broccoli rabe and pancetta, sauté quickly, adjust the seasoning, add the pecorino romano cheese to taste ((I like to be generous with that), garnish with parsley and serve
- Gnocchi with broccoli rabe and pancetta
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.