Donate by check:
Write a check payable to "The Salvation Army" and reference "NYS Flood Relief" in the memo.
Mail to: The Salvation Army Empire State Division
PO Box 148
Syracuse, NY 13206
Donate by Phone:
Reference "NYS Flood Relief" when donating
There is also an urgent need for volunteers. Duties would include serving meals and delivering care packages to individuals in the areas affected by flooding.
- Shifts are typically 12 hours from 8:30 am - 8:30 pm
- Volunteers must be able to lift at least 25 lbs
- Volunteers must be over the age of 18
- Mileage will be reimbursed for the commute to Herkimer
- Volunteers will be fed meals throughout the day
- If volunteers are willing to commit multiple days in a row, The Salvation Army can house you in the area
The Salvation Army currently needs 6 volunteers a day starting July 3rd through Friday July 12th. If you are interested please contact Andrew Sabbaghzadeh at 315-479-3668.