(this is a traditional handmade pasta with smoked salmon in a creamy cognac sauce)
3 oz. butter
1 medium onion (chopped)
3 oz. cognac or brandy
5-6 plum tomatoes
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1lb. busati or any short cut pasta
Salt (to taste)
White pepper (to taste)
Parsley (to taste)
Nutmeg (to taste)
14 oz. smoked salmon
4 oz. parmigiano reggiano
1. Pour melted butter in to a hot pan. Add in chopped onions.
2. Boil a pot of water and add the homemade pasta.
3. Add the tomatoes to the onions. Add a pinch of salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
4. Chop the salmon
5. Add the cognac and heavy cream to sauce. Let the sauce thicken.
6. Add parmigiano reggiano and parsley.
8. Strain the pasta and add it to the sauce.
7. Add the chopped salmon in the sauce.
Serves: 4 people