2 Tbsp Basting Oil
1 link Chorizo Pork Sausage sliced on the bias in 1/4 inch pieces
1 pkg Cleaned and Cut Chopped Onions
1 pkg Whole Grain 5 Rice Blend
1 jar roasted tomato salsa
1 1/4 cups water
1 lb grilled lemon garlic chicken breast, fully cooked
1/3 cup Goya Alcaparrado (manzanilla olives, pimentos, and capers), chopped
You’ll need: braising pan
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Add basting oil to braising pan on medium-high. Add sausage; sear 2-3 minutes until browned.
2. Add onion to pan; cook, stirring, 3-4 minutes until onion begins to soften. Add grain blend; cook, stirring, 4-5 minutes, to toast grains. Carefully, to avoid spattering, add salsa and water. Return sausage to pan. Stir. Bring to a simmer on high; cover.
3. Transfer to oven. Cook 25 minutes.
4. Remove from oven. Sprinkle chicken and olives over top. Return to oven; bake 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, let rest 10 minutes. Before serving, fold chicken and olives into grains.