LocalSYR

Home damaged after Syracuse fire

Firefighters say the woman in the home heard her smoke detector going off, called 911 and rushed outside.
SYRACUSE, NY (WSYR-TV) - Firefighters say a home on John Street is not safe to live in Saturday night after a fire started in its basement.

The Syracuse Fire Department says the fire started at 3:30 p.m.  It damaged both the basement and the first floor of the home.

Firefighters say the woman who lives there heard her smoke detector going off, called 911 and rushed outside.

The flames were under control within 10 minutes.

No one was hurt.

The woman is being helped by the Red Cross.
Page: [[$index + 1]]