LocalSYR

Syracuse Police:12-year-old girl dies after being electrocuted

Syracuse Police tell NewsChannel 9 that a 12-year-old girl is dead after being electrocuted Friday night.
Updated at 10:05 p.m. on Friday, July 19:

Syracuse (WSYR-TV) – Syracuse Police tell NewsChannel 9 that a 12-year-old girl is dead after being electrocuted Friday night.

Police say 12-year-old Paige Scheel was filling an inflatable pool with water in her backyard on Second North Street on the city’s north side around 7:15 p.m. when according to a witness, she either picked up an extension cord or electric pump that was plugged into an outlet, and immediately began shaking and fell into the pool.

A friend of the victim attempted to pull her out of the pool but was also shocked.

Scheel was unresponsive when Rural Metro and Syracuse Fire Department arrived.

She was taken to Upstate University Hospital where she was later pronounced deceased.

The friend who attempted to help Scheel was not seriously injured.

Police are still investigating the incident.

Page: [[$index + 1]]