The mosquito pool was collected at the Taft Road trap two weeks ago.
Health officials said that they were spraying because of the discovery and also because of the high mosquito count.
The county will spray on Tuesday, July 22 between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. – weather permitting.
The county will spray the area bordered by Route 31 to the north, Northern Boulevard on the west, Taft Road to the south, and the county line (Chittenango Creek) to the east.
The roads within the spray area include Route 298, Bull Street, Eastwood Road, Island Road, Cicero Center Road, Fergerson Road, Ferstler Road, and Oxbow Road.
During the spraying, the county recommends:
- Stay indoors and keep windows closed for one hour after your area has been sprayed
- Keep pets indoors if possible
- Cover outdoor gardens and rinse vegetables before eating
- Set your window air conditioners to circulate indoor air. It is safe to use your central air conditioning
- Remove children’s toys that are outdoors, any outdoor furniture, and clothes from outdoor clotheslines
- If toys or clothes have been left outdoors, wash each thoroughly with soap and water before using and launder clothes before wearing
- If you are driving during the spraying, close your car windows and vents
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.