Opioid epidemic may be underestimated, CDC report says
Experts say the United States is in the throes of an opioid abuse epidemic, causing 91 overdose …
Where can you drop off unused prescription drugs?
This event aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of these and …
New opioid treatment center in Syracuse could help 250 more people
There’s a new treatment option for those suffering from a heroin or opioid addiction.
Syracuse sports personality shares pain of niece's drug overdose
Syracuse media personality Brent Axe is joining with the Syracuse Crunch to raise awareness of the …
Oswego launches drugs in exchange for treatment program
Oswego’s mayor announced on Wednesday that the city has launched a new program offering addicts …
Ithaca plan to combat drug addiction moves forward
In early March, Ithaca Police responded to eight calls for suspected heroin overdoses including one…
Resources for people dealing with heroin addiction
A growing supply of cheap heroin is fueling an epidemic in Central New York and beyond.
For those who are struggling with addiction – or whose loved ones are – there are resources available for help.
Below is a list of services you can reach out to:
- New York State Hopeline: 1-877-8-HOPENY
- Upstate New York Poison Center: 1-800-222-1222
- NYS Combat Heroin Resources
- NYS Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services
- NYS Treatment Provider Directory
- NYS Treatment Provider Search
- Syringe Exchange Program
- NYS DOH Opioid Overdose Information
- NYS Senate Heroin Forum Report
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Service Administration
- National Institute of Drug Abuse
- Needle Disposal (Syracuse)