Elmira Police issue public health warning as narcotics disguised as…
The Elmira Police Department has issued a new public health warning today.
Four Elmira men arrested in narcotics trafficking ring bust
Officials say the largest fentanyl pill mill in New York has been dismantled. Four local men are …
Elmira Police: Fentanyl making it's way into crack, marijuana
Elmira Police responded to the 500 block of West Gray Street just after 10 a.m. on Monday after …
Elmira sees 3 more fatal overdoses since public warning issued
Since the Elmira Police Department issued a public health warning regarding drug overdoses in the …
New heroin-laced drug that looks like concrete can kill in one dose
A new street drug is putting police agencies around the nation on alert.
Cortland hosting community heroin forum
The Cortland Area Communities That Care is hosting a community forum and resource fair for anyone …
Resources for people dealing with heroin addiction
A growing supply of cheap heroin is fueling an epidemic in Central New York and beyond.
For those who are struggling with addiction – or whose loved ones are – there are resources available for help.
Below is a list of services you can reach out to:
- New York State Hopeline: 1-877-8-HOPENY
- Upstate New York Poison Center: 1-800-222-1222
- NYS Combat Heroin Resources
- NYS Office of Alcoholism & Substance Abuse Services
- NYS Treatment Provider Directory
- NYS Treatment Provider Search
- Syringe Exchange Program
- NYS DOH Opioid Overdose Information
- NYS Senate Heroin Forum Report
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Service Administration
- National Institute of Drug Abuse
- Needle Disposal (Syracuse)