GREECE, N.Y. (WROC-TV) - Golden Ponds Restaurant in suburban Rochester has been cleared by the health department to reopen, after 260 people were sickened after eating Thanksgiving dinner.
The restaurant in Greece will most likely be open for business starting next Tuesday, according to the owner.
The Monroe County Department of Health shut the restaurant down the day after Thanksgiving, after 60 people initially reported illnesses following eating food from Golden Ponds.
According to the health department, lab results point to an outbreak of Clostridium Perfringens, which can cause gastrointestinal distress.
The health department says the samples did not meet the required threshold to say for certain, but the symptoms and types of food involved are consistent with previous outbreaks of C. Perfringens.
Officials say it is “most likely” that the gravy served was the source of the bacteria. They also noted that lapses in food safety practices were observed during their investigation.
Golden Ponds had previously been inspected several times in the months leading up to the outbreak, and had violations including food being stored at improper temperatures.
A recent shooting on the city's South Side is being…
A union representing 18,000 professional firefighters, including…