SYRACUSE (WSYR-TV) - This weekend, the Marriott Syracuse Downtown celebrates one year since the re-opening of the restored historic Hotel Syracuse.
The $75 million renovations restored the crumbling building.
Hotel owner Ed Riley tells NewsChannel 9 that the number of overnight guests and the number of events and weddings exceeds their projections, proof that the community is embracing his project.
Here are some first-year statistics:
- 260 new jobs, including 156 from the City of Syracuse.
- Accommodated 75,000 visitors to Syracuse
- Hosted more than 120 weddings
- Hosted more than 1,400 business meetings
- Opened two new restaurants: Eleven Waters and Shaughnessy’s Pub.
There are more projects ahead for the hotel including the opening of Cafe Kubal, a jewelry store, and the highly-anticipated steakhouse which is now planned to be built in the Rainbow Lounge as opposed to the initially planned top floor.
Troopers say they're keeping a close eye on their tips line this…
The Blue Devils hold Syracuse to 16 first half points and roll to…
Volunteer fire departments are pushing for the option to start…