Syracuse (WSYR-TV) - Seven adults and seven children were forced out of their homes after a fire in Syracuse, according to workers with the American Red Cross of Central New York.
Volunteers were called to 319 E. Division Street on Sunday morning as fire crews cleared out a multi-family home.
All 14 residents who needed help were given food by a Disaster Action Team.
Investigators say the fire started in the attic due to faulty wiring. They tell NewsChannel 9 that there was minor damage to the house.
One of the three families affected by the fire was provided with lodging. Any long-term needs will be referred to other local agencies.
No injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross Central New York Chapter continues looking for volunteers to help with emergency calls. People interested in signing up can call (315) 234-2217 or visit www.redcrosscny.org.