(BPT) - It's where some of your best ideas are born, and where you unwind - or get ready - for the day. And although your current shower might be fine, why not make it fabulous? Here are the latest trends and products to create a fantastic shower experience.
Update your showerhead and your style
The average shower last about 13 minutes, according to Moen's Consumer & Market Insights group. So many people suffer through a sub-par experience every day simply because their current showerhead is still in working order. Just because it isn't broke, doesn't mean you shouldn't fix it. Installing a new, invigorating showerhead is simple, and this project will leave a lasting impact on your daily routine.
If you want to bring a comforting and refreshing "boost" to your daily shower experience, try the new Avira showerhead. Available exclusively at The Home Depot, Avira features Moen's new HydroBoost technology, allowing for a superior and energizing shower while also helping to conserve water. Prefer a hand shower, instead? The Iso handheld shower lets you easily switch between six high-performance sprays with optimized pressure in each setting. With options ranging from massage to soft or forceful full-rinse sprays, you can create the shower of your dreams every day. Iso also features matching accessories that complement its soft modern feel.
The perfect supplies
Now that you have the right hardware, it's time to stock the shower with the right supplies. Whether you long for shinier hair, smoother skin or a flawless face, you can find the perfect solution at a store near you to improve your daily routine.
Each year, Allure magazine ranks the best products in a variety of categories, including skin care, hair care and makeup as part of its 'Best of Beauty' awards. It can serve as a great starting point to find the right formulation to meet your specific needs. If you'd like to sample products before committing, sign up for Birchbox. This monthly subscription costs only $10, sends sample sizes of health and beauty items directly to your door and is available for both men and women, making it simple to find the new must-haves to keep in your shower.
Keeping it clean
Cleaning the shower is one of the most daunting tasks on your home's to-do list, but it doesn't have to be. Instead of a time-intensive scrub every week, daily maintenance is the secret to a sparkling shower. Adding these simple steps to your routine - or alternating days with a significant other or roommate - will keep your space looking pristine.
1. Keep a dispensing dish wand in the shower filled with equal parts vinegar and dishwashing detergent. Quickly wipe down the walls and enclosure (whether it's doors or a curtain) while you're still in the shower. Plus, it's easier to remember to clean when the tools are right there.
2. If you have shower doors, buy an inexpensive squeegee and use it every time you shower. The few seconds it takes you will dramatically reduce the amount of soap scum build-up on the glass, keeping it cleaner longer.
3. Always wipe down the countertop and mirror with an all-purpose wipe when you're finished in the bathroom. You'll not only remove any water spots or residue, you'll also whisk away germs or bacteria, which helps to keep everyone in your household healthier.
Creating a bathroom sanctuary doesn't have to be a challenge. With simple switches and stress-free upgrades, you'll enjoy every second spent relaxing and re-energizing in your new space.
- Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Copyright 2017 Cable News Network/Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.