The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office said 18-year-old Caleb Waite walked back to his home on Floral Drive after his car went off the road and hit a utility pole.
WWNY-TV in Watertown reports that the front half of the car traveled another 200 feet after the crash.
Waite cut his head and was treated at home, according to WWNY-TV.
He was charged with:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while ability impaired by drugs
- Unlawful possession of marijuana
- Speed not reasonable and prudent
- Moving from lane unsafely
- Failure to keep right
- Leaving the scene of a personal injury accident
- Unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle
He was also arraigned on a marijuana possession charge.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.