CAYUGA COUNTY (WSYR-TV) - The Cayuga County District Attorney's Office is looking for nine of 15 individuals accused of fraudulently obtaining benefits totaling $74,639 of taxpayers' money.
The DA’s Office working in conjunction with the Cayuga County Department of Social Services-Case Integrity Division and the Auburn Police Department conducted comprehensive investigations in preparation for Friday's sweep.
Arrested today were:
- Charmin L. Bell, 26, charged with Grand Larceny in the Fourth Degree (felony) and Welfare Fraud in the Fourth Degree (felony). Bell was previously convicted of a misdemeanor.
- Christina L. Emerson, 33, charged with Grand Larceny in the Fourth Degree, Welfare Fraud in the Fourth Degree, and Misuse of Food Stamps (felony). Emerson was previously convicted of an infraction.
- Roberto Jackson, 40, charged with Offering a False Instrument for Filing in the First Degree (felony), Grand Larceny in the Fourth Degree, and Welfare Fraud in the Fourth Degree. Jackson has prior felony convictions.
- Christina Miles, 27, charged with Grand Larceny in the Third Degree (felony) and Welfare Fraud in the Third Degree (felony).
- Amber Smart, 31, charged with two counts of Offering a False Instrument for Filing in the First degree, Grand Larceny in the Third Degree, and Welfare Fraud in the Third Degree.
- Damien Smith, 24, charged with Grand Larceny in the Fourth Degree and Welfare Fraud in the Fourth Degree. Smith has previous misdemeanor convictions and was already released from custody after posting a $10,000 bond on unrelated charges, including felonies.
Law enforcement officials are still looking for the following nine people:
- Stacey M. Earl (32)
- Stephanie M. Gilfus (31)
- Tiffany S. Harrell (34)
- Shalana M. Richardson (41)
- Myrna L. Rodriguez (36)
- Penny M. Strachan (39)
- Theresa M. Taylor (48)
- Alyssa C. Updike (27)
- Amanda Wild (26)
If you have any information about the whereabouts of any of the individuals listed above, contact the District Attorney’s Investigator Whitsett at (315) 294-8013 or the Auburn Police Department at (315) 253-3231.
The Onondaga County Sheriff's Office is asking for the…
The Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office has released surveillance…
On Jan. 23, OnTheLookout profiled Paul Williams Jr. who was…