Christopher Rundt has been involved in a number of crimes since he allegedly crashed into a vehicle driven by IPD Chief John Barber, according to Ithaca Police.
Police say Rundt is a parolee who is a “known IV drug user.”
Police believe Rundt stole a vehicle in the Tompkins County village of Trumansburg that was eventually found in Ontario County.
Since then, police say Rundt stole a car that had a police officer’s identification and a .357 Magnum revolver within it.
Police say the vehicle has not been found yet.
The vehicle is a green 2011 Jeep Liberty with the license plate that reads, GJF8356.
A woman named Ashley Woodward may be with him, police say.
Anyone with information on Rundt or his whereabouts should call 911.
You can also contact Ithaca Police:
- Police Dispatch: 607-272-3245
- Police Administration: 607-272-9973
- Crime Stoppers Tipline: 607-697-0333
- Narcotics Tipline 607-330-0000
- Email Tip Address: http://www.egovlink.com/ithaca/action.asp?actionid=12939
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ithaca-Police-Department/268935962829?ref=hl
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ithacapolice
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.