Solvay Police: Victim in attempted murder upgraded to 'stable' condition; No bail for suspect

Published 05/04 2014 08:44AM

Updated 05/05 2014 03:04PM

John Conway
John Conway/Courtesy of Solvay Police Department
Updated at 2:54 p.m. on Monday, May 5

Solvay (WSYR-TV) – Solvay Police say that a victim who was shot and stabbed on Sunday has been upgraded to "stable" condition on Monday.

On Sunday evening, police said that although there had been multiple reports of shots fired, they were still trying to determine whether a gun was involved.

43-year-old Michael LaPoint was taken to the hospital after the incident in the 200 block of William Street.

42-year-old John Conway has been charged with attempted murder in the second degree, assault in the first degree, and criminal possession of a weapon in the second, third, and fourth degrees.

Police said the incident was the result of an ongoing dispute between the two men.

Conway is in custody without bail.

Police were called to the scene around 5:30 a.m. on Sunday to investigate reports of a possible shooting or stabbing.

Several patrol cars responded and found LaPoint bleeding at the scene.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Videos

Top Videos