When: (all of this occurs Monday night after midnight, or very early Tuesday morning)
- The eclipse begins at 12:54 am (there really won't be much change in the moon's appearance)
- The moon first enters the outer edge of the earth's shadow at 1:58 am, and then totality begins at 3:07 am. That's when you should begin to see changes.
- Totality lasts 78 minutes, until 4:25 am.
- Partial eclipse ends at 5:33 am.
- The eclipse is over at 6:38 am Tuesday.
Now, if the weather will cooperate. As of Friday morning, it doesn't look good, as a cold front is forecast to bring clouds and showers to CNY Monday night.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.