The city of Syracuse has announced the following street closures:
Friday, May 2 through Sunday, May 4
- Clinton Street, from West Genesee Street to Washington – from 2 p.m. on Friday, May 2, 4 p.m. on Sunday, May 4
- Erie Blvd. West from Clinton to Franklin Street – from 4 p.m. on Friday, May 2, through 4 p.m., Sunday, May 4
- 100 and 200 blocks of West Water Street
Sunday, May 4
- South Salina Street from West Genesee to Fayette Streets – from 5:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- East Water and East Genesee Streets, from Salina to Warren Streets – from 5:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The following streets will be closed intermittently from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 4
- Salina Streets, from Fayette to Harrison Streets
- Washington Street, from Clinton to Warren Streets
- Erie Boulevard West, from Clinton to Franklin Streets
· Fayette Street, from Franklin to Warren Streets
· Warren Street, from Onondaga to Jefferson Streets
· Onondaga Street, from Salina to Adams/Seymour Streets
Local traffic will be permitted on West Fayette Street and Walton Street, from Franklin to Clinton Streets.
In addition, on Sunday, May 4, the following streets will be closed during the timeframe listed:
· East Adams Street, from Onondaga to Townsend Streets -- from 9:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
· Townsend Street, Adams to Genesee Streets – from 10:15 to 10:30 a.m.
· The corridor including Genesee Street to Onondaga Street to Jefferson to Salina Streets -- 10:20 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
· West Onondaga Street, from Salina Street to Bellevue Avenue; Summit Avenue, from Bellevue to Stolp, and Stolp Avenue, from Summit to Rider Avenue -- from 9:45 to 10:30 a.m.
· Rider Avenue, from Stolp to Argonne; Hancock Drive from Argonne to Arden; and Strathmore Drive, from Arden to Onondaga Park -- from 10 to 11 a.m.
· Roadways through Upper and Lower Onondaga Parks -- from 10 to 11 a.m.
· Intermittent delays on Onondaga Avenue, from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m.; South Avenue, from Onondaga Park Drive to Kirk Avenue; Kirk Avenue, from South Avenue and Landon Avenue; Landon Avenue, from Kirk Avenue to Beard Avenue; Beard Avenue, from Landon to South Salina Street; South Salina Street; and South Salina Street, from Beard Avenue to East Colvin Street -- from 10:15 to 11:15 a.m.
· East Colvin Street, between South Salina Street and Comstock Avenue, will be restricted flow.
· Route 81 On-Ramp at East Colvin Street -- 10:20 to 11:40 a.m. Vehicles can access Route 81 at Calthrop Avenue or Adams Street.
· Comstock Avenue, from East Colvin Street to University Place and then University Place from Comstock Avenue into Thornden Park entrance -- 10:15 a.m. to 12 noon
· Roadways through Thornden Park will be closed between 10:20 a.m. and noon.
The following streets will be closed from 10:20 a.m. to 12 noon
· Madison Street, from the entrance at Thornden Park through Crouse Avenue
· South Crouse Avenue, from Madison to East Genesee Streets
· East Genesee Street, from Crouse Avenue through South State Street/Jefferson Street
· Jefferson Street, from South State Street through South Salina Street
· South Salina Street, from Harrison Street to Clinton Square
Vehicle traffic will not be allowed access through the race route during the above times listed.
Times are approximate.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.