State Police identify man in critical condition after Elbridge fire

ELBRIDGE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) - A member of MaxMan Reptile Rescue says her husband is in critical condition and “almost all of the reptiles died” during a fire at a home in the town of Elbridge on Thursday.

43-year-old Scott Dombroski was transported during the fire at the home on Schaap Road.

On a Facebook post, Diana MaxMan Sleiertin said a dog died during the fire also. Although most of the reptiles perished in the fire, state police say some were located alive and turned over to a neighbor. 

State Police are investigating the incident.

According to Jordan Fire Chief Douglas Milton, a number of animals - ranging from dogs to snakes to turtles - were in the home when the fire began.

He said "a number of them perished" in the fire.

The firefighters were challenged by clutter throughout the house.

Milton said it took crews "15 to 20" minutes to get to the person who was found unconscious.

Two children who live in the home were at school when the fire broke out.

The homeowner was not in the residence when the fire broke out.

Fire officials said the home sustained significant smoke and water damage.

According to Onondaga County dispatch, the fire was reported around 11:34 a.m.


More Stories

Don't Miss

Trending Stories

Latest News

Video Center