SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse University is set to begin their third round of COVID-19 surveillance testing next week for all residential students.
This next round of testing — which starts on Oct. 20 — is part of the enhanced virus surveillance strategy that the university announced last month.
The testing schedule for round three is as follows:
Tuesday, Oct. 20; Wednesday, Oct. 21 and Thursday, Oct. 22
- Juniors, Seniors, Graduate and Law students
Friday, Oct. 23 and Monday, Oct. 26
- First-year students and Sophomores
Tuesday, Oct. 27
- Alternate testing day for all students
- If you were unable to appear for testing on the dates assigned to you, you have to report on this day
All students — including those who live off-campus — must be tested.
No appointments are needed, you will just need to have your SU ID with you.
Read the full release from SU that has more information on locations and times here:
Beginning on Tuesday, Oct. 20, the Syracuse University Public Health Team will begin a third round of COVID-19 surveillance testing for all residential students. This next round of testing is part of the enhanced virus surveillance strategy that the University announced last month. All students—including those who live off campus—are required to participate in this important surveillance testing program. The round three testing schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, Oct. 20; Wednesday, Oct. 21; Thursday, Oct. 22:
- Juniors, Seniors, Graduate and Law Students
Friday, Oct. 23, and Monday, Oct. 26:
- First-year Students and Sophomores
Tuesday, Oct. 27:
- Alternate testing day for all students (if you were unable to appear for testing on the dates assigned to you, please report on this day)
Important Testing Reminders
As you prepare to participate in testing, here are some important reminders about location, logistics and must-dos:
- Location: Access the testing site through Gate N, stay to the right upon entering the stadium and follow the signs to the testing center.
- Time: Testing will be available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Appointments: No appointments are necessary; simply bring your SU I.D. and show up at a time that is convenient for you during your assigned day (as seen above).
- Preparing for a COVID-19 Test: Please do not eat, drink or brush your teeth for 30 minutes prior to arrival at the stadium.
- Safety Reminder: You must wear a face mask or covering when you arrive at the testing site.
- Type of Test: The test itself is a saliva swab and the entire process only takes a few minutes.
- Delivery of Results: You will receive confirmation of a negative result via email. Individuals who return a positive test result will be notified by phone.
Your participation in our ongoing testing has made a positive impact, and we appreciate your continued cooperation. Please continue to do your part in ensuring the health and safety of our campus and the Syracuse community.
If you have any questions, please contact the COVID-19 Project Management Office at SUCOVID@syr.edu.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Tracking the Tropics: Gulf Coast braces, again, for hurricane as Zeta takes aim
- J-D boys cruise past Central Square
- Westhill tops Bishop Ludden in overtime
- LaFayette blanks Tully in boys soccer
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.