NEW YORK CITY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Students in New York City will begin their instruction Wednesday from home before going into the classroom on Monday.
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced a delay in the start date of school earlier in September from the 10th to the 16th.
While the nation’s largest public school is adopting a hybrid plan for now, more than 40% of families have requested online-only instruction.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Military plane conducts touch and go exercises at airport
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake
- Positives and negatives from Bills defense against Dolphins
- Study: Manufacturing leads economic recovery in border region
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.