After months of planning and prep work, Blink Fitness has opened their new location on Onondaga Boulevard. It’s their second location in Central New York.
“We’re really excited to bring Blink to the community on this side of town over here in Onondaga” says J.J. Potrikus, an Area Manager with Blink Fitness. “It’s been a very long process but this one is just as bright and clean and gorgeous as ever, and really excited to bring it here.”
Blink Fitness also has a location in the Wegmans plaza on West Taft Road in Liverpool. Both offer bright colors on the walls, open floor plans and plenty of natural light. Much of the equipment also connects directly to live tv, Hulu and Netflix.
Blink puts the emphasis on feeling good about yourself as you workout. According to their website, they call their environment the “Feel Good Experience” and strive to put mood above muscle.
The company says there are five things that set them apart:
- Mood Lifters – You will always be greeted with enthusiasm and treated with respect by all staff members.
- Designed with Mood in Mind – All gyms include plenty of brightly-lit, open spaces so you have plenty of room to move and breathe while you work out.
- Color Me Happy – The colors used are scientifically proven to enhance your workout and have an uplifting effect on mood.
- Everyone Cleans – All staff members are responsible for keeping locker rooms and workout areas spotless.
- Personalized Mobile Companion – A first-of-its-kind personalized mobile companion filters through tons of content from dozens of trusted sources, and pinpoints what makes sense for you.
“Everyone greets you with enthusiasm and treats you with respect” Potrikus says of his staff.
As part of their grand opening celebration, Blink Fitness is donating 50 one-year gym memberships to the Salvation Army, a group that Potrikus says “is truly doing the most good in the community.”
Blink Fitness offers memberships for $15 dollars a month, with no commitment and the ability to cancel it at any time. There’s also a $22 a month membership which offers the member to bring guests for a workout.
Blink Fitness is located at 4722 Onondaga Boulevard in Syracuse, in the Wegmans plaza across from the Western Lights Shopping Center. Hours are Monday through Thursday, 5am to 11pm; Friday, 5am to 10pm; and Saturdays and Sundays, 7am to 7pm.