Spooky doesn’t have to be expensive. Makeup artist Marcela Tobar shares two Halloween looks you can do at home using makeup you may already have.
- The look starts with a headband featuring cat ears.
- For this look, Tobar is using a lipstick palette from Anastasia.
- Start by lining the top lip with black and filling it in.
- Next, take the black liner and continue your lip line to under your cheekbone.
- Use the liner to draw whiskers across your cheeks.
- Create white spots below your nose, but above your lips on either side.
- Add freckles inside of the white spots with your liner.
- Paint your bottom lip white.
- Add whiskers to your eyebrows and fill in.
- Paint the tip of your nose black.
- Finally, add a black line from under your nose to the top of your lip.
DAY OF THE DEAD
- For this look, Tobar uses the Mehron Paradise palette.
- First, an inexpensive headband can be decorated with flowers and a black veil.
- Next use black lipstick for your lips.
- Paint around your eyes black as well.
- Using cutout jewels from a Halloween or dollar store, peel and stick them. To keep the jewels from falling off, Tobar suggests using a liquid adhesive.
- Use black to paint your nose.