Believe it or not, October 6th is National Kale Day! You can celebrate the day with a Wegmans recipe of cooked greens with pecans.
- 2 bunches (about 2 lbs total) collard greens, stems discarded, leaves rough chopped
- 2 bunches (about 2 lbs total) kale, stems discarded, leaves rough chopped
- 2 pkgs (2.25 oz each) chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp Wegmans Organic Basting Oil
- 1 pkg (7 oz) Wegmans Organic Chopped Onions
- 10 medium (about 10 Tbsp) cloves Wegmans Organic Peeled Garlic, rough chopped
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil on HIGH: add and blanch collard greens and kale 1-2 min. Drain. Shock (to stop cooking process) by transferring to a bowl of ice water; drain; set aside.
- Toast pecans in large skillet on MED; stirring constantly, watching carefully to prevent burning, about 3 min. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add oil to pan; heat until faintly smoking. Add onions and garlic. Cook until soft, but not browned, 3-5 min. Add collard greens and kale; cook, stirring, 2 min. Stir in cider vinegar; add pecans. Cook, stirring, 2 min.
For more information, you can visit, Wegmans.com.