Wegmans Chef Zach prepared an array of fall-oriented foods that are perfect to enjoy on a chilly autumn day. The Wegmans Fall Festival of Flavor kicks off Thursday, September 27th and Friday, September 28th from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
1. Pan-Seared Scallops
- Dust scallops with pan-searing flour; pat off excess. Heat olive oil in large skillet on MED until oil faintly smokes; add scallops.
- Turn over when scallops change color one-quarter of the way up and seared side has browned, 2-3 min.
- Reduce heat to MED-LOW. Cook until internal temp reaches 120 degrees, 2-3 min (check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of scallop).
- Add basting oil and butter; swirl. Baste with spoon, 1-2 min, until internal temp reaches 130 degrees. Transfer to clean platter. Let rest at least 2 min. Serve with warmed sauce.
2. Apple Pecan Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Bake: Remove wrap. Bake at 375 F for about 40 min or internal temp reaches 165 F.
3. Honeycrisp Apple Appetizer
- Honeycrisp Apples
- Piave Cheese
1. Cut thin slices of the apples
2. Lay the cheese on top of the slice
3. Wrap a thin slice of prosciutto around the apple and cheese
The apple fennel salad and apple loaf bread served with French butter will be served at the fall festival event where you can get the full recipe.
For more information and recipes visit wegmans.com