Serve up something sweet this holiday weekend and make it look festive too! Baker Tina Zaccardi shows us how to pipe colored frosting onto cupcakes for your July 4th celebration.
- A batch of your favorite Swiss Meringue Buttercream or American Butter Cream
- Your favorite Chocolate of Vanilla Cupcakes
- Red Food Coloring
- Blue Food Coloring
- 3 Small Pastry Bags or 3 Ziplock Bags
- 1 Large Pastry Bag
- 1 Large Star Decorating Tip (I used Ateco #868)
- Sprinkles – Optional
- Divide the frosting into 3 equal portions.
- Color 1 portion red, one portion blue and leave the remaining white.
- Place each of the colors into separate small pastry bags or Ziploc bags.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap flat on the counter. Pipe a long strip of the red frosting.
- Pipe a long strip of white frosting next to the red.
- Pipe a long strip of blue on top of the red and white.
- Roll the plastic wrap to make a tube of frosting.
- Take the large plastic bag and insert the decorating tip. Cut off one end of the plastic tube and insert it into the large decorating bag.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes in a clockwise motion starting on the outside working your way in.
- Top with sprinkles!
For more information you can visit, TinaZaccardi.com.