Carrot cake has been an Easter staple for many families for years, and this year, National carrot day happens to fall on Easter Sunday, making way for a perfect celebration. But if the thought of whipping up your own carrot cake doesn’t sound enticing, why not try this three-ingredient recipe.
3-Ingredient Carrot Cake
- 1 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake Mix
- 3/4 cup of plain, gat free greek yogurt
- Pour the entire pineapple can into a mixing bowl
- Add the contents of the Carrot Cake Pouch and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees
- Coat the inside of a cake pan with a thin layer of butter cooking spray
- Dust the inside of the pan with flour. Tap the sides to cover the entire surface.
- Add the Yogurt to the pineapple and cake mixture and stir.
- Fully combine the ingredients with no pockets of the dry mix left. The batter will be very thick.
- Spread the batter evenly in the cake pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- When baked, the center should be sticky but firm to the touch.
- Let cake cool completely before decorating
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth
- Add the butter and mix for about 30 seconds to one minute until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and continue mixing until fully combined.