The cooler weather has us thinking it’s fall rather than summer these past few weeks. And speaking of fall we’re are cooking with Steve’s favorite fruit…apples! We’re making a bloomin’ apple on the grill!
- Cooking spray
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 apples
- 8 chewy caramel squares
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Caramel, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a medium baking dish with cooking spray. In a small bowl, whisk together butter, sugars, and cinnamon.
- Slice top off of each apple then use a melon baller (or a teaspoon) to scoop out core. Using a paring knife, make two circular cuts in apple. Place apple cut side down on a cutting board and slice crosswise, being careful not to cut through the core.
- Place cut apples in a small baking dish. Fill each apple with two caramel squares, then brush melted butter mixture on top. Bake until the apples are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream and drizzle with caramel.
Plus, Steve gets surprised by his wife Kim for their 4th wedding anniversary! Watch the video below to see.