The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Peaceful protests continue in Syracuse on Wednesday
- Wild Animal Park owner, Town of Sullivan come to agreement
- Delphi Falls Fire Department gives out milk, eggs to families in need
- Garage sales remain off-limits due to COVID-19
- 4 charged following May 27 shooting in Salina