ATLANTA (AP) – Georgia Tech guard Jose Alvarado finished with 24 points, tied a school record with eight steals, and was active on defense in the closing seconds, getting a pair of takeaways that led to four quick points in Georgia Tech’s 64-58 upset win over North Carolina State.
The Yellow Jackets won despite not having leading scorer Michael Devoe, who missed the game with an apparent foot injury.
N.C. State, which began the day tied for fourth place in the ACC, had its three-game win streak snapped.
C.J. Bryce, the Wolfpack’s leading scorer, had no points and didn’t take a shot in the second half.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas grid operator CEO will be terminated after mass blackouts during winter storm
- Third stimulus check: Some Senate Dems call for automatic payments
- House passes George Floyd policing bill
- WATCH: Colder air headed into Central New York overnight
- Buffalo man who admitted to fatally beating girlfriend’s 2-year-old son sentenced to 21 years in prison