GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) – Markell Johnson hit a running shot from near halfcourt at the buzzer to help North Carolina State beat UNC Greensboro 80-77 on Sunday.
Johnson’s shot came immediately after a tough tying basket from Isaiah Miller with 2.1 seconds left in what turned into a wild finish between in-state programs.
Johnson was immediately mobbed by teammates into the scorer’s table to celebrate the win, with Johnson waving his left arm amid the festive gathering.
Johnson had 19 points to lead N.C. State. Miller had 21 of his 26 points after halftime for the Spartans.
- What’s Going Around: 3/8/21
- Centro offering free shuttle service to Expo Center for vaccine appointments, beginning March 15
- Federal relief coming to counties across New York State
- Cuomo accuser Ana Liss on time in governor’s office, calls for resignation, and more
- City of Syracuse updates Police Reform and Reinvention Plan