CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) — Isaiah Wong scored 18 points, including a key 3-pointer in overtime, and the Miami Hurricanes made all six free throws in the extra period to beat Syracuse 69-65.
The Hurricanes saved their best shooting for overtime, when they went 3 for 6.
They shot 37 percent for the game and went 10 for 31 from beyond the arc.
Syracuse forward Elijah Hughes, the leading scorer in the Atlantic Coast Conference, took a blow to the head and sat out after halftime.
He played all 20 minutes in the first half and scored eight points.
Miami broke a three-game losing streak.
- Look closely to see a comet in the sky at dusk and dawn!
- Central New York Diaper Bank hosts third diaper giveaway of the year
- Boeheim’s Army crumbles in second half, falls 65-48 against Sideline Cancer in The Basketball Tournament
- New social justice group, Rebirth SYR, hosts meet and greet in preparation of Monday’s protest
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at Syracuse bar Tommy’s Park