RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – DJ Funderburk scored a career-high 22 points to help North Carolina State beat Appalachian State 72-60.
Devon Daniels added 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Wolfpack (10-3), who made just 5 of 25 3-point attempts in their final nonconference game of the regular season.
One game after his first triple-double, Markell Johnson had 12 points and a career-high 11 rebounds for N.C. State.
Justin Forrest scored 25 points to lead Appalachian State (8-5). N.C. State played without C.J. Bryce, who leads the team in scoring (16.1 points per game) and rebounding (6.8 per game).
The team announced before tipoff that Bryce was in the concussion protocol.
- Possible COVID-19 exposures at 3 Cortland businesses
- Second stimulus checks: No $1,200 payments before Election Day, negotiations to continue
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at Oneida Castle party
- State, area unemployment rate is down, but still above last year’s boom times
- ‘We can disagree without hating each other’: Candidates for Utah governor appear in joint ad