RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Reserve forward Jericole Hellems scored 16 points and sparked a second-half comeback to give N.C. State’s NCAA Tournament hopes a boost in a 77-73 win over Pittsburgh.
With N.C. State trailing 58-51, Hellems scored nine points in three minutes, including a 3-pointer from the baseline with 6:53 remaining that gave the Wolfpack its first lead of the game.
Pitt briefly regained the lead with two Eric Hamilton free throws, but the Wolfpack scored the next eight points to grab a seven-point lead and held on to win.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- ‘A pillar and stalwart’: Oldest living American dies at 116
- Police: FedEx shooter legally bought guns used in shooting
- After the COVID vaccine: Will you need a booster shot?
- Can you travel with kids if you’re fully vaccinated?
- Actor Felix Silla, known for his role as Cousin Itt on ‘The Addams Family,’ dies at 84