CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Brandon Robinson scored a career-high 29 points and North Carolina ended a five-game losing streak by beating Miami 94-71 on Saturday.
Hall of Fame UNC coach Roy Williams earned his 880th career victory to pass late mentor Dean Smith for fourth on the men’s Division I all-time list nearly a month after tying him in a win against Yale.
Freshman Armando Bacot added 19 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists for the Tar Heels, who had lost six straight league games for the first time in program history amid injuries and shaky play.
The Tar Heels finished with a season-high scoring output and shot a season-best 58%, with Robinson hitting six 3-pointers.
Miami played without top scorer Chris Lykes and No. 3 scorer Kameron McGusty due to injuries. Isaiah Wong had 19 points to lead Miami.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- COVID relief bill allows student debt forgiveness without tax hit
- AG announces appointments in Cuomo sexual harassment investigation
- Goodbye Pepé: Here’s why a longtime Looney Tunes character was ‘canceled’
- Continued push from State Ed. to bridge digital gap
- Humans evolved to need less water than primate relatives, study finds