(WSYR-TV) — Its been almost two years in the making, but a dog at Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association in Canastota has finally found her forever home.
Sheba had been living at the shelter since August 2018, more than half her life, but on June 2 her long wait finally ended.
The staff said no matter how many days went by they didn’t give up. So, when their hard work and patience paid off, they too, were ecstatic.
Like all shelter pets, Sheba is thankful for her new owner, but there are plenty more dogs and cats looking for the same happiness.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- FORECAST: Rainy and chilly weather returns Monday
- Bills rookie CB Dane Jackson steps up in his first NFL start
- Tyler Kroft avoids COVID-19 exposure while his wife Lexi gave birth to their baby girl
- Several potential COVID-19 exposures announced in Cortland County Sunday
- WATCH: 24th Congressional Debate
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9