(WSYR-TV) — Its been almost two years in the making, but a dog at Wanderers’ Rest Humane Association in Canastota has finally found her forever home.
Sheba had been living at the shelter since August 2018, more than half her life, but on June 2 her long wait finally ended.
The staff said no matter how many days went by they didn’t give up. So, when their hard work and patience paid off, they too, were ecstatic.
Like all shelter pets, Sheba is thankful for her new owner, but there are plenty more dogs and cats looking for the same happiness.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- New York State continues to make progress in the fight against COVID-19, hospitalizations dip below 800
- More guidance on stimulus debit cards to come in July
- WATCH: Some storms with heavy rain this afternoon and evening
- 6 people hospitalized after shooting near Clinton Avenue and Kelly Street in Rochester
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, July 11th!
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9