(WSYR-TV) – Archie from Helping Hounds Dog Rescue is NewsChannel 9’s featured animal of the week!
Archie is a just under six year old (5 years and 11 months) Hound mix who is eager to please.
He is a loving, friendly, and trusting dog that loves being outside but like most hounds, likes to jump. The shelter recommends having a fence at least four feet tall.
Archie is one of the only dogs up for adoption at Helping Hounds right now so he is eager to find a home.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic Helping Hounds’ transport program has been temporarily suspended. Because of this availability of adoptable dogs has been sporadic. Those looking to adopt are asked to check their adoption page frequently.
Helping Hounds’ new shelter in North Syracuse is closed to the public right now but the staff is monitoring messages and voicemail.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Man suffers multiple stab wounds, shot at with paintball gun in Syracuse
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Syracuse, group gives away free food to Rescue Mission
- Vestal man shoots wife, kills daughter on 4th of July, 11-year-old girl escapes unharmed
- Oswego set for firework display Sunday night, Utica Street bridge will be closed to vehicles
- WATCH: More sun, heat and humidity to start the new week
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.