NORTH SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — We’re continuing to showcase some furry friends at local animal shelters who are looking from a distance to find their furever homes. This week we have a sweet, playful guy from B and R Bunkhouse Adoptables in North Syracuse.
Meet Brownie! He’s a pit bull terrier mix around three years old, who lost his home when his owner passed away.
He’s a happy, medium-sized dog who loves to go for walks and is happy to make friends with other dogs his size. Brownie has a bit of a toy obsession, and is always happy to sit and rip apart as many stuffies as he can find. He’s also a fan of hanging out outside, so a family with a fenced in yard would be ideal.
Brownie is good with other dogs, but would prefer a home without cats or kids.
He’s up to date on all his shots and has been neutered.
Now, the shelter says Brownie has been showing signs of stress after living in the shelter environment for several months, and has shown some nervous behavior around men he doesn’t know.
B and R Bunkhouse hopes to find a person to bring him home and give him the time he needs to decompress from shelter life, and get back to the happy, playful dog he was.
If you’re interested in adopting Brownie, click here.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Live: President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- New York State Trooper seriously injured in 190 North crash in Buffalo Saturday morning
- Sisters of missing Canastota woman searching for answers
- Oneida County Health Department announces 3 potential COVID-19 exposures
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.