(WSYR-TV) — We are starting this week with some potentially troubling news about coronavirus.
A new study claims that people who had it and fully recovered may be able to get it again.
Researchers in Hong Kong said a 33-year-old man who was initially infected with coronavirus in March was reinfected four months later after taking a trip abroad.
Tests show that he had a different strain of the virus, which suggests that immunity from the virus may not last.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Much cooler and breezy Saturday
- Baldwinsville edges Liverpool in boys soccer
- CBA girls shutout LaFayette
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at South Avenue Market in Syracuse
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.