(WSYR-TV) — A spike in COVID-19 cases put Syracuse University on the front page of the New York Times on Sunday.
Things at the university were under control with only a handful of students testing positive since classes began.
But then, somebody traveled to a nearby city and brought the virus back to Syracuse, where it spread rapidly at parties.
This is a reminder of how quickly COVID-19 can catch fire on a campus, even as many students take the proper precautions.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- WATCH: Reaching for a record high Friday
- Mental and behavioral health advocates say more funding needed to address concerns
- Caught on camera: Arizona border agents expel 14 migrants into desolate desert town in Mexico
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.