(WSYR-TV) — Airlines have accepted the federal government’s terms to receive a bailout worth billions of dollars.
Recipients of the money include American Airlines, Delta Airlines and United Airlines.
The stimulus package is a combination of grants and low-interest loans and comes out to $58 billion in federal aid.
Some of that went to funding employee payroll costs through September.
To get the money, airlines will need to continue flying to current destinations, among other requirements.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills LB Tyrel Dodson has strong first NFL start filling in for Tremaine Edmunds
- BOX SCORE: Giants 13, Bears 17; Saquon Barkley feared to have torn ACL
- Syracuse: Potentially the driest September on record
- Two Bills rookies score their first NFL touchdowns in win over Miami
- Syracuse University residence floor in quarantine after new cases of COVID-19
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.