COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Bath & Body Works announced it will be temporarily closing its stores in the United States and Canada due to the COVID-19 coronavirus.
Bath & Body Works CEO Andrew Meslow made the announcement on the retailer’s website and stated that employees would still be paid during the closure.
“While our associates are home with their loved ones at this critical time, we’ll support them with pay, as well as look for other ways we might ease their concerns and share our appreciation for all they’ve done,” Meslow stated.
Meslow also said that the retailer will prioritize inventory to online shipping, so customers can shop from home.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Haircut for the big win: Bills fan has not cut his hair in 34 years
- Countdown to Kickoff: Virtual Tailgate
- Countdown to Kickoff: Canadian family’s backyard every Bills fans’ dreamland
- Bills fan caught crying on tv after emotional playoff win embraces added attention
- Statewide COVID-19 positivity rate at 5.77%
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9